The Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) in Seattle is looking for an application development Cloud Solution Architect with deep technical, architecture and hands-on experience to enable large enterprises to leverage the power of the Microsoft Cloud to transform their business. In this role, you will work with senior business and technical decision makers (CxO) in Microsoft enterprise accounts as well as next generation companies built on the cloud. The MTC is a state-of-the-art facility that combines experience and expertise to help our enterprise customers - EMPOWER. INNOVATE. TRANSFORM. We live Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the plant to achieve more, with a focus on our three bold ambitions - reinvent productivity & business processes, build the intelligent cloud platform, create more personal computing.
The MTCs engage early in the project life-cycle where the customer is just beginning to define the vision, imagine the art of the possible and create an architectural roadmap. The role requires an affinity for evangelism and competitive engagement. The ability to win hearts and minds, and to explain abstract technical concepts in a business value context, is a must. You will lead Strategy Briefings, Architectural Design Sessions, Proofs of Concept (POC) and Hackathons to articulate the business opportunity, propose and validate solution architecture, and transfer knowledge on best practices and change management. Business transformation is a critical component of the team’s DNA and experience to create innovation. The role is truly a hands-on technology leadership role.
This Cloud Solution Architect position requires deep technical expertise as well as a breadth of experience in the following areas:
• Cloud technologies (with a focus on PaaS) leveraging Microsoft Azure or experience with Amazon Web Services.
• Knowledge of Amazon and Google cloud technologies, third party solutions running on Azure, and the ability to create hybrid and application migration scenarios for customers with the Microsoft Azure platform.
• Designing, architecting, developing and proving cloud based solutions
• Re-designing existing solutions for enterprise scale to convert into native cloud solutions, including but not limited to sustained availability, smart scale, and enterprise grade security
• Hands-on architecture and development experience with Microsoft .NET platform, Cloud and Mobile technologies, including Open Source operating systems as well as languages (e.g., .Net, Node.js, Python, Objective C/Swift, etc.)
• Microsoft and Open Source integration technologies and ESB/SOA architectures.
• Delivering cloud enabled mobile solutions across various platforms and languages (Windows, iOS, Android)
• Experience with container technologies including Docker for building and shipping distributed applications.
• Capable in the data domain including Microsoft and Open Source (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Document DB) to create large, scalable applications.
• Fluent in software development methodologies spanning the application lifecycle (SDLC) from Agile to cloud based approaches such as continuous integration, containers, etc. DevOps experience across Microsoft and Open Source platforms, One or more architecture/application design patters such as Actor, Composite, Anti-Pattern, etc.;
• Experience implementing identity management and security frameworks for cloud-based applications and hybrid solutions,
• Ability to grasp strategic customer/partner business objectives quickly and to articulate solution vision that addresses these objectives.
The successful candidate will also:
• Have demonstrated experience and competency in customer facilitation and collaboration Have a deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Superior presentation skills and experience engaging with senior level executives
• Be able to communicate complex concepts in a simple, business value context
• Be a self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities; works independently, manages multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes
• Have the ability and passion necessary to maintain technical excellence with emerging technologies, including competitive technologies, while continuing to manage customer opportunities
• A commitment to customer and partner satisfaction, including internal customers, strong listening, communication and presentation skills, and the ability to thrive in a competitive team environment
• Must have a proven record of delivering business value A BS/BA degree (Master’s preferred) or equivalent work experience combined with a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
• 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.