By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications. Applicants must reside on East coast (ATL, Charlotte, Tampa, NY): Austin, TX: or Southern CA.
Microsoft is transforming our business to become a Cloud first, Mobile first company. At the same time, mobility and devices are two of the fastest growing and top of mind issues for large Enterprises, including the Public Sector. Winning with Windows Devices is core to driving this transformation and capturing this opportunity. Microsoft is hiring a high performing technical seller to focus on the Surface business and lead this transformation in State and Local Government.
As a Surface, Technical Solutions Professional (TSP) you will be part of a team of specialized technical resources that support Microsoft State and Local Government Field sales teams in large sales and deployments of Surface devices. You will be a deep technical expert on Microsoft Surface technologies and play a pivotal role in Surface sales engagements. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles, deep subject matter expertise in hardware and operating systems and will have had proven success in delivering mobile solutions to Enterprise customers. The Surface TSP role will play a pivotal role in delivering and closing key technical and selling engagements to scale the sales of Microsoft Surface devices.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
• Deep subject matter expert on Surface devices, Surface accessories, 3rd Surface party accessories and Microsoft Windows operating systems in mobile scenarios and across first party mobile hardware and how these all come together to solve Enterprise Mobility needs across security, management, productivity and applications
• Work closely in conjunction with the Microsoft Surface sellers to support them in driving the largest and most complex Surface opportunities to successful outcomes to achieve Surface business goals
• Remove Surface specific technical sales blockers escalated by the core Microsoft sellers
• Drive proof of concepts and pilots for the highest priority, largest and most complex Surface opportunities ensuring successful outcomes in partnership with the core Microsoft sellers
• Work closely with early adopter customers to capture feedback and insights in advance of board distribution
• Provide leadership on Surface in both the Device & Mobility technical and Surface seller communities within Microsoft and our key partners
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate that you have deep subject matter expertise in hardware and operating systems and a keen technical understanding of Enterprise devices and mobility.
Specific qualifications include:
• Deep understanding of device technologies (hardware and operating systems), business drivers and emerging mobility trends in the Enterprise
• Proven track record of building technical and business relationships with senior executives and growing wallet share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Ability to successfully run proof of concept and pilots that result in successful outcomes
• Strong ability to demo and deliver excellent technically based customer presentation
• Experience driving technical discussion for maximum customer impact and understanding
• Experience in removing sales and technology blockers in a matrix organization
• 5+ years of managing technical resources in complex selling processes (where necessary, managing various customer’s stakeholders (Primary: TDM, Secondary: BDM)) relationships to get consensus on solution / projects
• 5+ years design and/or implementation and/or support of hardware and operating system sales
• 3+ years’ experience in driving successful device and mobility customer engagements with a focus on hardware, mobile devices and/or tablets in Enterprise scenarios
Deep working knowledge of the following hardware and operating system areas:
• Hardware specifications and use cases in Enterprise environments
• Security & Mobile Device Management, including Enterprise Mobility Suite
• Line of Business Apps (ISV and Custom)
• Mobile Productivity
• Strong experience with Enterprise hardware buying practices
• Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background highly desired, MBA optional
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.