The Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) in New York City is looking for a Cloud Technical Architect with deep technical, architecture and hands-on experience to enable large enterprises to leverage the power of the Microsoft Cloud to transform their business. In this role, you will work with senior business (CxO) and technical decision makers (CTO, CIO, Architects, Directors) in Microsoft enterprise accounts as well as next generation companies built on the cloud.
The MTC is a state-of-the-art facility that combines experience and expertise to help our enterprise customers – EMPOWER. INNOVATE. TRANSFORM. We live Microsoft’s mission to “empower every person and every organization on the plant to achieve more,” with a focus on our three bold ambitions - reinvent productivity & business processes, build the intelligent cloud platform, create more personal computing.
The MTCs engage early in the project life-cycle where the customer is just beginning to define the vision, imagine the art of the possible and create an architectural roadmap. The role requires an affinity for evangelism and competitive engagement. The ability to win hearts and minds, and to explain abstract technical concepts in a business value context, is a must. You will lead Strategy Briefings, Design Sessions, Proofs of Concept (POC) and Hackathons to articulate the business opportunity, propose and validate solution architecture, and transfer knowledge on best practices and change management. Business transformation is a critical component of the team’s DNA and experience to create innovation.
The role is a truly a hands-on technology leadership role. This primarily Cloud Architect position requires deep technical expertise particularly as a developer as well as a breadth of experience in the following areas:
• Financial services industry expertise (banking, capital markets and/or insurance), experience with Block Chain technology in a design or POC capacity is strongly preferred;
• Cloud technologies (with a focus on PaaS), leveraging the Microsoft Cloud Platform (Azure) or experience with Amazon Web Services;
• Knowledge of Amazon and Google cloud technologies, third party solutions running on Azure, and the ability to create hybrid and migration scenarios for customers with the Microsoft Azure platform;
• Designing, architecting, developing and proving cloud based solutions with sustained availability, smart scale, and enterprise grade security;
• Hands-on architecture and development experience with Microsoft .NET platform, Cloud and Mobile technologies, including Open Source software as well as languages (e.g., .Net, Node.js, Python, Java, Objective C/Swift, etc.); Microsoft and Open Source integration technologies and ESB/SOA architectures.
• Delivering cloud enabled mobile solutions across various platforms and languages (Windows, iOS, Android);
• Capable in the data domain including Microsoft and Open Source (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Document DB) to create large, scalable applications.
• Fluent in software development methodologies spanning the application lifecycle (SDLC) from Agile to cloud based approaches such as continuous integration, containers, etc. DevOps experience across Microsoft and Open Source platforms; One or more architecture/application design patters such as Actor, Composite, Anti-Pattern, etc.;
• Experience Implementing identity management and security frameworks (application & infrastructure) for cloud and hybrid solutions;
• Ability to grasp strategic customer/partner business objective quickly and to articulate solution vision that addresses these objectives.
The successful candidate will also:
• Have demonstrated experience and competency in customer facilitation and collaboration
• Superior presentation skills and experience engaging with senior level executives
• Be able to communicate complex concepts in a simple, business value context
• Be a self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities; works independently, manages multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes
• Have the ability and passion necessary to maintain technical excellence with emerging technologies, including competitive technologies, while continuing to manage customer opportunities
• A commitment to customer and partner satisfaction, including internal customers, strong listening, communication and presentation skills, and the ability to thrive in a competitive team environment
• Must have a proven record of delivering business value
• A BS/BA degree (Master’s preferred) or equivalent work experience combined with a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.