With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Under general supervision, responds to customer inquiries related to company products and services via telephone, and assists with the tracking and reporting of Field Service activities, and all related data, to ensure conformance to Quality, Regulatory Compliance, and Corporate Compliance requirements. Performs other functions, as directed by supervisor. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Provides customer technical support for all of B. Braun's electronic instrumentation (as necessary 24 hour support).
- Assists with daily reconciliation of Field Service activities to SAP data entry.
- Assists with warranty status monitoring.
- Assists with obtaining on-site warranty renewals
- Prepares various, defined data/metrics reports, as directed
- Assists with the control of calibrated equipment
- Assists with the auditing of repair documentation for cGMP compliance
- Provides assistance to the Billing Clerk in times of peak activity
- Participates actively in Continuous Improvement activities
- Assist with Technical Training classes of proper repair and maintenance of B. Braun Instrumentation.
- Read, analyze and troubleshoot, as well as, utilize schematics, drawings and wiring diagrams.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Knowledge of computer systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of advance troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with customers to maintain an excellent level of customer service.
- Intermediate math skills and aptitude.
- Technical Degree or equivalent
- Customer service experience required.
- Minimum of three years of previous electronic component level experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- "Employee may come in contact with occupational exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens (exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials) and therefore will receive Bloodborne Pathogen training, in addition to being offered the Hepatitis B vaccination."
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.