Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The Dell EMC Storage Business is the Industry Leader in Enterprise and Midrange storage systems. Our Products and Solutions are developed in deep collaboration with our Dell Technology family members including VMware and Cloud Foundry, with our family of Dell EMC Storage Businesses and with strategically aligned partners and vendors.
The Midrange organization is focused on innovating storage and compute solutions that enable our customers to leverage the benefits of key emerging technologies and industry trends, including NVMe, NVMe over Fabric, and Storage Class Memories. Our customers are driving towards flexible consumption models that converge block, file, compute, and networking; while leveraging cloud based analytics and machine learning to drive optimizations and low-touch management.
Our innovative products are delivered using reality-based Agile methodology and test-driven development with continuous integration and delivery. We use modern tools such as GIT, Artificatory, Jenkins, and Slack for collaboration. We integrate, contribute, and leverage OSS components and interfaces at the edge of our product architectures so our engineers can focus on Core IP. This approach allows us to deploy our assets in a software defined way. Our assets are all containerized to enable us to quickly extend product features and capabilities, and gives us the ability to instantiate our solutions on COTS Servers, custom HW, and in Cloud environments.
We are looking for a senior system developer who can contribute to our storage platform development efforts. We are looking for members who have experience and the desire to work in the following areas;
Areas of opportunity
- Subsystem architecture, design and implementation in a high performance storage data path
- Design and implementation of large-scale memory and resource management frameworks
- Design and implementation of enterprise-class clustering frameworks and interconnects
- Integration of storage stacks with emerging storage technologies (NVMe, SCM, storage fabrics)
- Integration of open source container, kernel and storage components with custom data paths
- Integration of new Intel processor features with custom data paths
- Extension of hypervisors to integrate with custom data paths and hardware features
- Development of reliable scale-out storage models in hypervisor environments
- Development of and integration with modern networking and security technologies
- Deep analysis of performance and system robustness issues in a complex system
- 7-10 years experience
- Design and development in a redundant hardware highly available system context
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and validate significant subsystems
- Strong coding skills in C, or C++ (Perl or Python is a plus)
- Strong written communication skills and ability to direct and guide developers
- Experience with Linux kernel and user space component development
- Deep experience with the Intel architecture is a plus
- Experience with the ESXi or KVM hypervisors is a plus
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R24753