Tech Support Engineer
Symantec is the global leader in the rapidly changing Security industry and we are looking for ambitious Technical Support Engineers to join our teams. Our product portfolio is diverse and ahead of its time. With over 3500 researchers and engineers focused on research and development, we continue to expand our Integrated Cyber Defense platforms to protect our customers like no one else can.
Our customers range from small startup businesses to many of the world's largest organizations. Our customer focus is what makes Symantec the industry leader in the Security industry. We are dedicated to solving our customer's most challenging technical issues, and along the way we become their trusted advisors.
Do you want to bring your career to the next level? We are hiring talented Technical Support Engineers to help us secure the world's information. We want to take the smartest and most passionate security technology fans we can find and put them in an environment where they thrive. Our teams are filled with adaptive and energetic individuals excited by a career filled with challenges and growth opportunities. We partner with a variety of teams and individuals across the organization to improve our customer's experience, our products, and our processes.
This is an individual contributor position that will work as a member of the Americas Support team, providing Enterprise Level technical support to customers and partners, and ultimately drive complete resolution to complex issues. All customer interaction is done via phone, email, and web and warranted by customer response time commitments established by Symantec Support. Personal development is a key area of focus at Symantec, and includes opportunities for paid higher education and certification, self-directed research into platforms and security technology, and ability to leverage end to end labs to further understanding of security landscapes.
• Analyze break/fix issues and work with empathy and sense of urgency to deliver solutions to meet customer/partner needs.
• Document all customer interactions and resolutions in the existing case management systems.
• Actively contribute to our technical knowledge base, online community, and other technical documentation.
• Collaboration with internal teams in identifying product defects, designing solutions, and testing.
• Work effectively with cross-functional teams to include Sales, Channel, Support, Engineering, Operations, etc.
• A keen analytical mind and advanced problem solving skills coupled with a commitment to extraordinary customer experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A passion for technology.
• Proven aptitude in managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while meeting critical SLAs and deadlines.
• Strong working knowledge in Operating System Software (Microsoft Windows Client and Server, Mac, Linux and UNIX).
• Working knowledge of network and system architectures such as servers, databases, load balancers, and routers.
• Bachelor's degree (preferably a BS in a science or technology) or equivalent work experience.
• Prior exposure and ability in reading OS level logs, system logs, and proprietary application logs.