Symantec is a global leader in the rapidly changing Security industry and we are looking for ambitious Technical Support Engineers to join our teams. Symantec is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is focused on building a talented and engaged workforce.
Our product portfolio is diverse and ahead of its time. Our customers range from small startup businesses to many of the world's largest organization. Successful applicants will have an excellent opportunity to be part of a great team, dedicated to solving our customers' most complex problems.
Do you want to bring your career to the next level? We are hiring talented Technical Support Engineers to help us secure the world's information. We want to take the smartest and most passionate security technology fans we can find and put them in an environment where they thrive.
This is an individual contributor position that will work as a member of the Americas Support team, providing technical support to customers and partners, and ultimately drive complete resolution to each service request. All customer interaction is done via phone, email, and web and warranted by customer response time commitments established by Symantec Support.
This particular position requires fluency in Portuguese , Spanish and English. . You must be of at least a conversational level and have the ability to correspond in business Emails with both languages.
• Diagnose and solve complex software, hardware and networking issues
• Create technical action plans for analyzing and resolving customer issues.
• Assigned projects including; documentation review, Beta product participation, product demos, and presenting technical forums.
• Create clear and concise documentation in the form of case management notes, technical tips, knowledge base articles and white papers.
• Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers and partners
• Utilize case management tools and provide case monitoring, status updates, documentation and notifications to customers
• Works with cross-functional organizations to solve complex technical problems and follow reported problems through to resolution.
• Participate and provide feedback to product design and technical reviews relating to new features and enhancements
• Document all customer interactions and resolutions in the existing case management and knowledge based systems
• Use available support tools to diagnose and resolve product and technical issues
• Work with Systems Engineers and Engineering groups to resolve customer issues.
• Layer 2-4 focus on Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IP Protocols, and applications
• Experience using telecomm and networking tools such as Ethereal or SnifferPro
• Application and routing protocol knowledge; advanced TCPIP, routing,
NAT, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, MMS, RTSP, FTP, IM, Firewalls, QoS
• Working knowledge of the inter-operation of remote access technologies: RADIUS,
LDAP, NTLM, firewalls, etc.
• Working knowledge of Internet Services: Web Services, Media Servers, Proxy services, browser and media player operations.
• Ability to conduct analysis of facts, info gathering, and create effective test plans
• Demonstrate strong technical troubleshooting methodologies
• Must be a complete team player and work well in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and willingness to learn technologies quickly and proficiently
• Good analytical problem solving skills
• Motivated to learn new products and technologies quickly
• Strong organizational and customer service skills
• Flexible with the aptitude to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while meeting critical SLAs and deadlines
• 5+ years' experience working with customers in a fast-paced, hi tech, support related position or similar engineering role.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field
• CCNA and/or CCNP and/or CCIE preferred
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.