The objectives of this position are to provide specialized on-site technical support for a specified set of process tools through the maintenance, analysis and communication of tool, process, and quality-related data. Through statistical analysis and modeling techniques, the incumbent will determine root causes to issues identified and recommend proactive steps, not only to correct these issues but also, predict and prevent future recurrences.
- Will define data collection plans, collect and analyze system data produced through the Applied Materials E3 system or customer FDC systems.
- Will utilize statistical analysis and fault detection modeling techniques to find root cause of customer issues and predict future occurrences of the issue, may define yield driven control limits, build chamber matching models and health indexes.
- When E3 is used, will be responsible for the generation and maintenance of all data produced by the E3 system.
- Will generate adequate documentation to support Applied Materials library development.
- Will present technical material to management.
No supervisory responsibilities; accountable for developing technical contribution, or
Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirementsProblem Solving
Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of informationImpact
Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policiesInterpersonal Skills
Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensusFunctional Knowledge
Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplinesBusiness Expertise
Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own workQualifications: Education
- B.S. Level Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline,
- 5-7 years as process engineering experience working with Plasma Etch, PVD, CVD, SW or related, or equivalent.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.