This position is responsible for providing day to day support for our key client relationships. This includes ensuring client compliance to semi-annual releases and technical data specifications. Position initiates business project requests and coordinates client feedback between business units.*This position can be located in New Albany (OH), Phoenix (AZ), or Riverwoods (IL). Responsibilities:
- Provide day to day support for Discovers key clients - Acquirers, Acquirer Processors and Merchant Processors. This includes researching complex card transaction processing, connectivity, file transfers and supporting the client on all fronts. Reports and tracks all system failures impacting client partners.
- Support key clients through the Discover semi-annual Release process. This includes a semi annual certification and ensuring compliance on all fronts. Introduce and implement existing and new Network products.
- Manage technology upgrades for direct clients as required.
- Manage and ensure clients are operating on current contracts, where applicable, and point out potential conflicts between the contract and Discover's current Regulations to management.
- Know each client within the assigned portfolio. This includes understanding their specific lines of business, resource availability, business plans, market challenges, and their full end to end transaction processing methodology and downstream relationships.
- Prepare and present business overviews internally and external providing thorough client updates.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Operating Regulations, Dispute Rules and Technical Interface documents.
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices #LI-BP1
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience managing multi-faceted project throughout the entire project life cycle
- Ability to analyze existing processes and identify ways to automate or streamline them
- Communication skills which allow effective communication with all levels of employees and management
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong Technical skills preferred
see job description
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.