Technical Account Management "TAM" Senior Advisor - Remote opportunity in the Columbus or Cleveland, OH area*
Are you a professional who has a strong technical background and passion for solving complex issues for customers? If so, we would love to hear from you!
As a Dell*Technical Account Management (TAM) Senior Advisor*you will have the opportunity to serve as a trusted advisor to our enterprise customers. You will be part of Dell’s Global Support & Deployment team working with our Pro-Support Plus and Pro-Support Flex for Data Center customers, as well as Legacy customers. As a Technical Account Manager, you will leverage your experience and provide consulting and end-to-end life-cycle management for complex data center technologies including various operating systems, servers, storage and networking from multiple vendors. You will be able to apply your IT service management skills by utilizing ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) based principles within a project management framework.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with key customer contacts at multiple levels. You will identify and align business and IT objectives, discover customer pain points, offer recommendations, and recognize current and future IT needs. You will play an integral part in helping our customers avoid unplanned outages by providing proactive preventative guidance. You will achieve this through the development and maintenance of a support service delivery plan and making recommendations for operational best practices both at tactical and strategic levels.
You will manage “mission-critical” support escalations and serve as an active member of the account team with early engagement throughout the sales and product life-cycle.
If you want to make a difference for Dell and its customers, then this is your opportunity!
- Maximizes the value of the customer’s investment in Dell products and services throughout the end-to-end customer life-cycle.
- Manages the account and it is the customer’s advocate.
- Acts as single point of contact for all support requirements as they pertain to the assigned customers’ environment
- Ensures effective ownership, communication, coordination, and facilitation of support service activities between the customer and support teams, account teams, field service personnel, and customers
- Develops and coordinates proactive maintenance initiatives based on industry best practices and statistical data trends
- Identifies and leads continuous improvement activities in support of customer or internal business processes
- Leads complex service delivery processes, develops creative resolutions to complex problems, and ensures contractual support service deliverables are understood and managed effectively
- Compiles, analyzes and interprets statistical data and trends relating to service level and operational effectiveness
- Undergraduate degree and 6 years, or Graduate degree and 4 years of IT experience
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with Senior Executive to CxO-level personnel
- Excellent presentation, communications, and interpersonal skills
- 6 years enterprise experience with data center technologies such as Windows, Linux, VMware, EMC, Compellent, EqualLogic, blade technology and networking
* *- IT business process certifications (ITIL, Six Sigma, PMP, etc.)
- Technical certifications (MCSE, CCNA, Server , etc.)
- 4 years troubleshooting complex technical issues
- 4 years IT infrastructure deployment experience
- 4 years IT project management experience utilizing an accredited framework
- 4 years vendor and maintenance management experience
- 4 years data center management experience
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
*Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*/Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:/*/ Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages./
**Job:** **Account Client Management - Account Service Management*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Technical Account Management "TAM" Senior Advisor - Remote opportunity in the Columbus or Cleveland, OH area*
**Requisition ID:** *160010P1*