Technical Account Manager
Microsoft Services help customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services with partners, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by improving the overall Customer and Partner Experience, serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft and driving customer-centric product improvement.
A Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a trusted business advisor to Microsoft’s Premier Support customers providing valuable guidance around operations and optimization of their IT infrastructure through quality Service Delivery Management. Once a Premier customer has deployed a Microsoft product, if something unexpected Service Delivery Management. Once a Premier customer has deployed a Microsoft product, if something unexpected occurs the TAM, working with Customer Service and Support (CSS), manages the incident to resolution and then follows up to ensure either product improvement within Microsoft or operational improvement within the customer’s IT environment. By maintaining a long-term relationship with their customers, a TAM gains an understanding of their customers; IT organizations impact on overall business, their IT goals, and their pain points - which is used by the TAM to create a Service Delivery Plan ensuring their customers; operational success with Microsoft products.
Key initiatives for this role include:
- Customer Health through Service Delivery Planning & Execution
- Customer satisfaction
- Emphasis is on prevention and consultative advice (ITIL).
This role is responsible for the management of support services to Enterprise Services customers; scope and decision making include:
- Manages a diverse and complex scope of support issues
- Works with management only when necessary to resolve sensitive issues
- Solves complex support issues effectively
- Escalates as necessary for confirmation of solutions or other options as needed
- Assesses customers risks and needs and recommends appropriate service offerings to proactively address
- Documents recommendations formally via service delivery plan and presents to customer and virtual account team unit
- Manages the delivery of recommended/agreed-upon services to achieve high customer and trust
- Makes good, timely and financially sound decisions with moderate uncertainty or pressure on a consistent basis. Decisions sometimes impact immediate group and other related groups
- Determines most effective method of problem resolution by utilizing internal resources when necessary
Key stakeholders and other internal organizations this role will interact with include:
- Consistently demonstrates concise and effective communication with customers and employees
- Occasionally leads sharing of best practices with team community
- Consistently establishes and maintains working relationships with internal support delivery teams, customer support teams, customer contracts and materiel representatives
- Frequently establishes and maintains relationships with Field Sales and MCS to execute on a service account/delivery plan
- Position relies internally upon GTSC/CSS Support Professionals, Premier Field Engineers, and their management, MCS Services (Engagement Managers/Project Managers), and Services Account Managers (Services Executives), EPG Account Executives, and Premier/Services regional and worldwide HQs
- Communicates with and influences Microsoft Services leadership/management at team level
- Externally position relies upon Customer Support Manager (CSMs) and named Support Contacts usually comprised of IT managers and individual technical contributors
The territory includes several enterprise customers in the greater Chicagoland area (may or may not include some southeastern WI customers) and does require that the TAM live in, or very near, market (in the area for) which they’ll be servicing - Occasional travel should be expected
• 3 years or more experience in enterprise support
• Experience in Network and desktop operating systems or management and operations or technical security
• US Citizenship is required
• Fundamental knowledge in two or more of the following:
• Consistently practices strong organizational, communication, project management, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
• Contributes to team operational precision by active design of and participation in community initiatives
• Bachelor degree preferred
• ITIL Foundation Certificate preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.