The technical account manager (TAM) is the relationship manager and customer advocate for a defined group of customer accounts. Technical account managers develop a consistent long term partnership with customers to ensure customers remain successful and realize the full value of their investment at IBM. The TAM can operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent actions and completes all duties as assigned. The TAM will report to the manager of Managed Services Accounts.
If you are a talented Account Manager who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk with you. As a member of the IBM team, you have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to make IBM a place where you want to be - a place where you are proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible. Essential Duties:
- Act as the primary point of contact and accountability for a rapidly growing base of enterprise customers within the Managed Services line of business
- Understand the short and long term business goals and objectives of each customer as they relate to IBM.
- Enable the achievement of those goals and objectives through the use of IBM's wide array of technical solutions
- Resolve customer issues by facilitating the coordination of efforts among IBM's support organizations including but not limited to Customer Care, technical Support, DC Logistics & Operations, Network Operations, Product Development, Product Management, Product Marketing & Sales and Executive Leadership
- Perform regular customer account reviews to discuss customer environment performance
- Work with the relevant technical teams to proactively manage customer configurations and recommend customer environment upgrades and add-ons
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Sales organization to execute on environment upgrades and add-ons
- Understand and communicate the customer's hosting roadmap needs to Product Management
- Keep the customer informed of key IBM information that may be critical to their success (e.g. product roadmaps, new product releases, customer events, or organizational changes)
- Ability to forecast churn and upgrades for account base
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Ability to motivate and influence people in order to elicit high quality work output
- Sufficient technical knowledge of multiple platforms including Microsoft Windows, Linux, SQL, MySQL
- Excellent customer service, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to perform on-call duties on nights and weekends
- Travel up to 30% may be required
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Position requires use of a computer/laptop a majority of the day
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.