It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. Whether it's using e-learning to educate students far from city centers or downloading the entire Library of Congress in seconds, our networking technology has not only revolutionized the way people do things, but who they are. People are more informed, more efficient, and more involved. With all forms of communications converging onto the network, Cisco is entering an exciting new era. The concept of the network as the platform for transforming life's experiences is no longer a possibility: It is quickly becoming a reality. And Cisco is leading the experience.
The Business Technology and Operations Finance team (BTOF) has an opportunity for a Finance Manager
supporting the Meraki Business Unit. This position is located in San Francisco, but may require travel to San Jose on an ad hoc basis. Key Responsibilities:
- Understands various Cisco financial systems and drives business insights, reporting and analytics for a very important business that drives huge volumes and where data analysis is key input in business decisions.
- Supports key integration activities for financial planning, reporting, and consolidation of Meraki into Cisco.
- Conducts qualitative analyses to determine present and future financial and operational performance to identify risks and opportunities.
- Responsible for all activities relating to the maintenance of the general ledger, and related financial analysis, reports, and financial statements.
- Develops, implements and maintains one or a combination of general accounting systems.
- Applies financial concepts to financial planning and business analysis to ensure adequate controls are available to achieve the desired results.
- Coordinate and respond to request from internal and external auditors.
- Management of state and federal tax as well as foreign tax reporting.
- Responsible for the US GAPP/IFRS book & fiscal compliance matters (statutory accounts, direct & indirect tax) of the countries assigned.
- Provide technical accounting expertise to general Finance team in resolving issues, improving processes or creating new methods.
- Create and build partnerships with internal resources (Cisco/Meraki Finance) to allow for timely completion of projects and knowledge sharing.
• Continuously improve processes and systems by developing compelling, insightful recommendations based on quality data analysis and lead execution against recommendations quickly and with flawless accuracy Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Related field (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- At least 5-7 years of related experience in Finance , Accounting, Audit or related areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial analysis and cost management skills with a proven track record
- Capable of working cross functionally with teams and commit to deadlines, fostering a positive work environment
- Ability to actively manage competing deliverables to meet business commitments and partners' expectations
- Strong team player, capable of dealing with complex issues
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Knowledge of Great Plains Accounting or Oracle is a plus
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.