Do you have a passion and a curiosity for understanding and researching complex accounting issues?
Are you looking for a more flexible and balanced career?
Do you enjoy serving and working collaboratively with teams to help resolve complex accounting issues?
Are you interested in joining an in-demand rapidly growing practice with experienced professionals of diverse backgrounds?
Are you looking for a career that will provide you with interesting and varied professional growth opportunities?
If so, RSM's Technical Accounting Consulting (TAC) is the right fit for you!
RSM is looking for senior level executives working in private industry with national CPA firm experience or currently working for a national CPA firm to join our national Technical Accounting Consulting practice.
Changing economies, new accounting policies and evolving tax regulations mean that business and professional services firms face an ever-changing business landscape. With more than 80 years of industry expertise, RSM has helped thousands of firms to achieve their business objectives. Our clients include firms in a variety of industries, including financial services, technology, and commercial to name just a few. We assist our clients in dealing with multiple technical accounting issues from new standard implementations, such as the new revenue and leasing standards, to complex debt/equity or business combination transaction.
- Manage multiple concurrent reviews of client engagement deliverables within the TAC practice
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of complex accounting concepts, including revenue recognition, leasing, business combinations, asset impairments and debt and equity financings
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the development and execution of the consulting work plan and client deliverables
- Collaborate directly with engagement teams and other firm specialists/subject matter experts on complex accounting matters
- Ensures that consultations are of high quality, consistent, and timely.
- Has the ability to make difficult decisions and is able to provide rationale for decisions made in Plain English to engagement teams and client.
- Assist in the preparation of technical memos and other client deliverables
- Develop and deliver technical accounting trainings to TAC personnel on new standards, as well as, complex technical accounting matters
- Oversee engagement economics and manage appropriate resources for efficient engagement models
- Understand RSM's service lines and work as a team in providing an integrated service delivery
- Develop others within the TAC practice through mentoring and advising on career development or participating in other Firm initiatives
- Subscribe to and actively read industry publications and share relevant information with clients as considered applicable
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- CPA or CA Certification
- 7+ years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Subject matter expertise related to complex accounting
- Excellent team and project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in technical accounting oversight role with experience in IFRS Conversions, Revenue Recognition, Impairment Analysis, Fair Value Accounting, Lease Accounting, Debt/Equity Transactions and Consolidations, including Variable Interest Entity Analysis
- A successful record of directing and coordinating with multiple teams and engagements
- Quality reviewer of key technical client or firm documentation