Technical Accounting Sr. Advisor-Round Rock TX
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 05, 2017
Reference ID: 1600142E
Join our world-class finance and accounting organization. Help shape the success of Dell Technologies while growing your career inside an organization with one of the best training & development suites in the industry. We offer training and career growth through our rotational and leader-based learning programs.
Our finance organization remains focused on key tenants like controllership, business partnering and development.
"/I am tremendously excited with the opportunities that lie before us as a team and together I am confident we can help shape the success of Dell while continuing to invest and grow our talent/.” – Tom Sweet, Dell CFO
Dell Technologies’ Corporate Accounting Team seeks a senior technical accountant to join their technical accounting and policy team. This is a newly built team with members in various geographic locations. This accountant will serve as the Round Rock representative. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a collaborative team with a wide range of technical accounting topics and will provide opportunities to work with a broad range of people across the company.
We are looking for an experienced professional who enjoys technical accounting but also understands, or is excited to learn, the operational side. This person will need to be a motivated, self-starter with commitment to quality. This person must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and written. Strong people skills are a must due to the wide range of people at differing levels this person will work with. As with all employees, we require a high level of business ethics and integrity.
* Review Dell Technologies' accounting policies, assess impact with operating units, assist teams with application of policies, and communicate changes throughout finance and accounting.
* Assist team in developing and implementing Dell Technologies combined company policies.
* Work with Dell Technologies' legal and finance teams to accurately account for Dell Technologies’' global legal contingencies.
* Work with Dell Technologies' finance teams to accurately account for Dell Technologies’ global facilities transactions.
* Participate in the review and analysis of Dell Technologies’ Consolidated Financial Statements
* Provide accounting policy judgments to reflect correct reporting.
* Facilitate quarterly updates to CAO staff on FASB and SEC developments.
* Coordinate and respond to FASB comment letters on various accounting issues that impact Dell Technologies, as needed.
* Develop technical accounting training material for Dell Technologies technical education initiatives.
* Assist with implementation of new accounting standards.
* Assist with technical accounting for new projects, initiatives, transactions, as needed.
* Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Master’s degree preferred
* CPA preferred
* Minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience.
* Public accounting experience
* Preferred experience with financial presentation and disclosure and/or technical accounting research
* Advanced Excel experience
* Strong communication skills, accounting research abilities and technical writing
* Project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of an organization
* Self-starter, capable of working independently and within a team
* Sense of urgency. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Flexible and adaptive.
/With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach/
*/Why work with us?/*
-Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
-Our team members’health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*/Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:/*/ Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages./
**Job:** **Accounting - Finance*
**Title:** *Technical Accounting Sr. Advisor-Round Rock TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *1600142E*