Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, powertrain technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for an Electrification Systems Design - Technical Advisor
. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Applies highly specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned areas and projects in the design, development, analysis and release of products and subsystems through the product life cycle.
- Creates design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly and service. Verifies design using analysis and or functional testing, interprets results, drives decisions and assesses risk.
- Works with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional disciplines to resolve product issues. Evaluates customer needs and aligns requirements with identified customer expectations.
- May fill the role of an assistant chief engineer, product readiness leader or project engineering leader.
- Leads large or multiple engineering projects.
- Performs as the local technical expert for one or more engineering specialties.
- Solves complex problems impacting multiple projects.
- Communicates with and influences key external stakeholders and business leaders.
- Drives and manages system level requirements for projects or programs.
- Makes critical program-related decisions.
- Collaborates with industry peers within their discipline.
- Advances the state of the practice for the technical discipline.
- Sets strategic direction for a program or technical discipline.
- Advises and transfers knowledge of engineering discipline; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
- Advises leaders for resolution of complex business problems.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ideally 10 years' experience in hands-on design of electrical systems.
- Substantial experience integrating electric powertrain systems and components in mobile applications.
- Expertise with design of physical embodiments of electrical powertrain systems.
- Good understanding of electrical safety codes and standards.
- Proven hardware delivery capability.
- Substantial experience integrating electric p owertrain systems and components in mobile/automotive applications.
- Expertise with design of p hysical embodiments of electrical p owertrain systems including direct drive and geared machine integration, traction motors, motor-generators, p ower electronics (DC/AC inverter, DC/DC converter), and energy storage (battery p acks) technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast paced advanced engineering environment.
- Advanced Systems Design is a design team that supports internally and externally funded exploratory/technology development and technology integration programs across all Cummins platforms and markets. Concept design work is often uncharted and requires visionary skills to bridge from conventional to the future. Concept designers frequently work several projects simultaneously and are required to be independent project leaders.
- Applies expert technical knowledge of engineering principles and practices across various areas and projects.
- Directs the creation of design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacturing, assembly and service.
- Mastery of knowledge and skills in an area of design.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Serves as technical expert for a product, business group or functional area.
PhD, Masters of Science, Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in engineering required. Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins