At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Technical Aide for the Industrial Mineral Products Division located in Maplewood, MN. Ready to be part of what's next?Job Summary:
This particular position is a temporary, part-time
assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in St. Paul, MN, you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.Primary Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
The person hired for the position of Technical Aide will have the opportunity to work with the Industrial Mineral Products team on projects related to roofing granules. This person will develop skills and gain work experience in ceramic coatings and mineral processing.
This position is part-time, temporary, limited to working no more than 32 hours per week and 899 hours per service credit year.Basic Qualifications:
- Assists in laboratory and/or pilot activities associated with new and existing products and may include formulations, testing and evaluation of new and existing materials
- Assists in the development and modification of test methods and apparatus for new products and processes
- Assists with routine lab maintenance and housekeeping
- Analytical testing of experimental formulations
- Maintains accurate technical notebooks and spreadsheet for information transfer
- Communicates test results in both oral and written form
- Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
- Currently enrolled in or completed a Bachelor's level program in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science, having completed at a minimum your Sophomore year (minimum 4 semesters of university curriculum)
- Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and database tools, development and manipulation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
: Maplewood, MNRelocation:
Is not authorized About 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly to www.3m.com/careers .
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.