At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Technical Aide for the Corporate Research Materials Laboratory located in Maplewood, MNJob Summary
This particular position is a temporary, part-time
assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Maplewood, MN, you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.Primary Responsibilities
The person hired for the position of Technical Aide will have the opportunity to work with the Corporate Research team on projects related to chemistry and materials. This person will develop skills and gain work experience in a scientific research laboratory. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
This position part-time, temporary and is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.Basic Qualifications:
- Assist senior researcher with laboratory experiments for new materials development
- Prepare and characterize different materials
- Conduct thermal, mechanical and spectroscopic analysis
- Maintain research laboratory and equipment
- Keep accurate records in laboratory notebook
- Utilize Microsoft Office and other software to process and present data
- Communicate results in both oral and written form
- Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
- Currently enrolled or graduated from a Bachelor's level degree program at an accredited university with a declared major in an Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline, having completed at least the Freshman year (minimum 2 semesters of university curriculum)
- Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Applicants must be available throughout the academic year (8-12 hours weekly while classes in session) and during breaks in the academic schedule (e.g. summer, winter break), up to 32 hours weekly
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and database tools, development and manipulation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.