At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Technical Aide for the Electronics and Energy group l ocated in Maplewood, MNJob Summary
This particular position is a temporary, part-time
assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Maplewood, MN, you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.
The person hired for the position of Technical Aide will have the opportunity to work with the support the development and launch of new brightness enhancement film products for handheld display markets. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position part-time, temporary and is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. Basic Qualifications:
- Lab characterization of prototype optical film constructions
- Organizing data, and reporting results to the broader working team
- Thermo-mechanical property measurements
- Characterizing optical performance
- Environmental stress testing
- Individual may also provide process engineering support for pilot scale process experimentation
- Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's level degree program at an accredited university with a declared major in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Physics
- Achieved Sophomore academic status
- Completion of one year of college Chemistry and/or Physics coursework
- Part-time availability (8-12 hours per week) during regular business hours throughout the school year. More extensive hours are required when classes are not in session.
- Experiences/interests that include prototyping, data handling, data analysis, instrumentation skills, basic computer programming
- Experience with spreadsheets, documentation and organization is highly preferred
- Undergraduate research experience
- Ability to organize and present technical results in recurring team meetings
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.