At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Technical Aide for the Display Materials & Systems Division l ocated in Maplewood, MN . Job Summary
This particular position is a temporary, part-time
assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Maplewood, MN , you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
The person hired for the position of Technical Aide will have the opportunity to work with the DMSD adhesive development team on projects related to pressure sensitive adhesives. This person will develop skills and gain work experience in polymer characterization and adhesion science.
This position part-time, temporary and is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. Basic Qualifications:
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and test pressure sensitive adhesive samples
- General polymer characterization
- Safe handling of chemicals
- Keep accurate records in a laboratory notebook
- Communication of results in both oral and written form
- Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
- Currently enrolled or graduated from a Bachelor's level degree program at an accredited university with a declared major in chemistry, materials science, Engineering or a related discipline.
- Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Completed at least one semester of a college level chemistry or material science laboratory course
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
Is not authorized About 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or onTwitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly to www.3m.com/careers .
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.