At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Technical Aide for the Display Materials & Systems Division l ocated in Maplewood, MN . Job Summary
This particular position is a temporary, part-time
assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Maplewood, MN , you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
The person hired for the position of Technical Aide will assist 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. For this position, part-time availability of 21 hours per week is required during regular business hours (M-F, 8-6) throughout the school year. To stay below 899 hours per year, summer hours will be reduced. The position responsibility is to perform lab work supporting existing product platforms and the development and launch of new films and materials for display markets. Activities will focus on routine testing, and lab support and maintenance, and may also include lab characterization of prototype optical film constructions, organizing data, and reporting results to the broader working team. This could include thermo-mechanical property measurements, characterizing optical performance, and environmental stress testing. Individual may also provide support for pilot scale process experimentation. This position does not include any travel. This position part-time, temporary and is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. Basic Qualifications:
- Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
- Currently enrolled or graduated from a Bachelor's level degree program at an accredited university with a declared major in an engineering field, environmental science, or a related discipline, having completed the sophomore year (minimum 4 semesters of university curriculum)
- Part-time availability of 21 hours per week is needed during regular business hours (M-F, 8-6) throughout the school year.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong written and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Technical background is not necessary, but ability to work in a chemical lab is required.
- Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and database tools, development and manipulation
Is not authorized About 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or onTwitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly to www.3m.com/careers .
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.