At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:Job Summary:
The PSARM Laboratory is part of 3M's Corporate Research Materials Laboratory. This particular position is a temporary, part-time assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program and is not benefit eligible. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Maplewood, MN, you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position is PART-TIME, TEMPORARY and limited to working no more than 32 hours per week and 899 hours per service credit year.Basic Qualifications:
- Preparing adhesive and functional coating formulations
- Conducting thermal, mechanical and spectroscopic analysis
- Keeping accurate records in laboratory notebook
- Utilizing Microsoft Office and other software to process and present data.
- Completed at least one semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university OR 3 years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements.
- Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's level or higher degree program in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Physics is strongly preferred, other research or engineering-related disciplines with an accredited university will be considered.
- Freshman/Sophomore academic status preferred.
- Good organizational skills.
- Familiarity with polymer characterization instrumentation a plus.
- Will consider applicants that are available throughout the academic year (8-12 hours weekly while classes in session and potentially 32 hours weekly during the summer) or those available during breaks in the academic schedule (e.g. summer, holiday).
: Maplewood, MNRelocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.