At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:Job Summary:
This particular position is a temporary, part-time
assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.
The person hired for this Technical Aide position will be working in 3M's Energy Components lab primarily on fuel cell electrodes. Work will be related to fabrication and characterization of materials used in fuel cells, electrolyzers, and flow batteries. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position part-time, temporary and is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. Basic Qualifications:
- Complete routine material characterization and testing on fuel cell electrodes and catalyst-coated membranes (CCMs). This includes using a potentiostat, fuel cell test station and learning optical imaging and scanning electron microscopy (SEM).
- Manufacture and assemble fuel cell parts utilizing a lab-sale laminator.
- Record and analyze data from designed experiments.
- Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in chemistry, chemical engineering, physics or related field from an accredited university.
- Minimum of one (1) year of undergraduate class work completed.
- Prior experience working in a laboratory setting such as undergraduate organic chemistry or similar classes or previous employment in a laboratory setting.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency with Excel and the ability to write and edit macros for data reduction is preferred.
- Good record keeping and organizational skills.
: Maplewood, MNRelocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.