At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:Job Summary:Roles and Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position is PART-TIME TEMPORARY and limited to working no more than 32 hours per week and 899 hours per service credit year. Basic Qualifications:
- Assembly and testing of prototypes
- Work with measurement systems comprised of mechanical, electrical, electronic, and software components
- Preparation and testing of samples
- Recording and analyzing data, processing and submitting properly labeled chemical waste for removal, keeping accurate records in laboratory notebook, communicating results in both oral and written form
- Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
Location: Maplewood, MNRelocation: Is not authorized
- Enrolled in or graduated from a Post-High School Science, Research or Engineering degree program
- Current cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Undergraduate experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Good record keeping and organizational skills
- Strong computer aptitude, familiar with Microsoft Office applications, CAD and email applications
- Demonstrated aptitude with mechanical fabrication
- Position will require part-time availability during regular business hours throughout the year, averaging a minimum 12-16 hours per week
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.