At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Technical Aide for the Corporate Research Process Technology laboratory located in Maplewood, MN. Job Summary
This particular position is a temporary, part-time
assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Maplewood, MN, you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
The person hired for the position of Technical Aide will have the opportunity to work with the Corporate Research Process Lab on projects related to radiation processing. This person will develop skills and gain work experience in research and product development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
This position part-time, temporary and is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.Basic Qualifications:
- Prepare samples for testing
- Run functional testing on samples
- Collect, document, and analyze data
- Maintain a chemical lab
- Keep accurate records in laboratory notebook
- Communicate results in both oral and written form
- Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
- Currently enrolled or graduated from a Bachelor's level degree program at an accredited university with a declared major in an engineering field, Chemistry, physics or a related discipline, having completed the freshman year (minimum 2 semesters of university curriculum)
- Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and database tools, development and manipulation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
Is not authorized
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.