Job Description: Responsibilities and Job Requirements
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Troubleshoot issues with CRM integration software including Salesforce, Oracle on Demand (OOD) package and MS Dynamics;
- BigMachines related Salesforce functionality and settings and utilize Salesforce Data Loader and APEX Triggers;
- Debug Web Services calls in communication with BigMachines sites or external sources such as Salesforce and Webmethods;
- Debug output document issues with PDF, RTF, DOCX, Antenna House/PDF Merge, Excel output, HTML output;
- Utilize web page debugger tools including Firebug, Web Developer, Web Service debugger tool to solve use cases and test issues with Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer;
- Utilize best practices with customers and team. Experience may be gained concurrently.
- BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience & professional certification (i.e. CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
- 3-7 years experience preferred working on technical projects.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Quick learner; able to learn new technologies and new programming languages on own as necessary.
- Knowledge of user interface design and web design constraints.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with eCommerce and CRM solutions is helpful, but not required.
- Willingness to work off hours (nights and weekends) as urgent customer needs dictate.
- Committed team player with the ability to function both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be personable, friendly, and able to work efficiently under time constraints.
- Superior interpersonal and oral/written communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Role Summary: Common Tasks
- Identify, develop and execute an individual development plan with minimal management direction.
- Participate in process planning and make recommendations for improvements to the business.
- Act as a mentor in assisting less experienced engineers in isolating problems, workarounds and solutions.
- Champion initiatives and be an advocate for support.
- Participate in team meetings and encourage knowledge sharing.
- Act as a process/technical point of contact for your product/competency area.
- Conduct Technical interviews for potential candidates.
- Network across competencies, with management & senior resources to gain visibility within the organization.
- Act as a technical lead when in communication with external customer(s), service delivery managers, 3rd party vendors and managers.
- Manage all severity and escalated issues within guidelines; Accountable in representing customer expectations and engaging proper internal resources.
- Proactive in identifying customer needs and facilitates engagement of internal resources to ensure customer success.
- Consult with management in directing resolution of critical customer situations, including alerts to management on potential escalations.
- Engage with development as appropriate to review customer bug priorities.
- Engage in activities designed to minimize duplicate and false bugs passed to development.
- Create/modify/review knowledge content to include consultative articles.
- Participate in Beta programs and product/platform testing.
- Participate in appointed Knowledge Management initiatives.
- Participate in additional projects as required. Assist other departments as needed and perform other duties as required.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As an Associate Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide level one support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means).
Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and procedures. As this is an entry-level technical position at Oracle, a technical degree is preferred i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA. OR functional degree technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience and professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.