Mid-level role involved in analyzing, designing, developing, testing and documenting complex applications using Powerstream. Experience in print manufacturing, Perl, and HP Dialogue a plus. Additionally, prior work experience with RRD systems and the workflow needs of the energy industry is desirable.
Work with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions that are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in all phases of the full systems life cycle. Responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications and systems software. Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks. Must be able to demonstrate application of skills and knowledge at the depth and scope required for the position. Must be able to apply learned functional job methodologies and processes in the completion of work assignments. Understand impact job has on the organization.
- Analysis/Design: Analyzes moderately complex business requirements and performs feasibility studies for projects typically of a medium scope and complexity. Analyze environmental requirements, conversion requirements and file structures between systems. Designs data models. Evaluates new products and product upgrades. Develops prototypes where appropriate. Interpret business requirements and prepare system design documents for projects. Design data integrity requirements and environmental requirement. Develop program specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), for programs, screens, files and reports. Design security requirements for systems with cross-departmental access.
- Coding: Develop and maintain code utilizing structured programming techniques. Provides thorough internal program documentation. Use available utilities to simplify tasks. Develop file management modules. Apply object oriented programming principles to design and development efforts in an effort to re-use existing code. Conduct and participates in code walkthroughs.
- Testing: Develop system and system integration test plans. Develop system test data and performs system, integration, parallel and stress tests for projects. Coordinate system and system integration testing. Assist quality assurance testing teams.
- Communication: Provide input to peers, management and customers for recommendations and alternate solutions and/or improvements. Convey and insure the understanding of technical strategies and vision to project participants. Convey problems, solutions, updates and project status to their peers, customers and management. Contribute information for cost justification of new purchases to management. Develop and maintains program, systems, user, operations and disaster recovery documentation.
- Documentation: Prepare design documentation for the design projects assigned. Ensure that the scope and intent of the design architecture is clearly reflected and accounted for in the supporting documentation for the Developers. Prepare disaster recovery documentation. May assist in writing on-line help manuals, user manuals, operations documentation and FAQs for specific software projects.
- Planning/Process Management: Prepares sound time estimates for all phases of technical design projects. Function as technical resource on appropriate projects throughout the full project lifecycle. Develops and maintains project plans for projects. Evaluate estimates against actual occurrences. Actively participates in post-implementation review.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.