Oracle's Hotel products are scalable, modular property and central solutions that encompass front office, back office, CRM, sales and catering, revenue management, reservations, distribution, point-of-sale, and a multitude of other hotel management functions. Oracle is developing industry leading solutions by using latest and exciting technologies and as a Technical Analyst within the Sustaining Engineering division you will assist with all phases of the software support life cycle. The Engineer will bring to the position a high level of energy, a passion to learn new technologies while delivering excellent customer service, and the ability to serve as an expert in their specialized product and market. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of hotel industry operations and trends. Experience leveraging the software development life cycles. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is a fully qualified, career-level position.
- Team environment (not a remote position)
- Resolving defects escalated by the top level of the support organization, Oracle executive team, and or major/critical accounts.
- Isolating root cause and then create plans to resolve and correct product defects.
- Troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
- Implement, test, and distribute latest Patch Set, Security Patch, and Interim Patch Sets on a global scale.
- Perform Data Recovery and work with third parties to devise scripts or other solutions to recover data lost or rendered unusable as a result of a software malfunction or service interruption.
- Troubleshoot application performance degradation.
- Interact, liaise, and communicate status updates through development cycles and attend frequent conference calls with global product management teams, account managers, critical account executives, and our external clients, to discuss ongoing issues, provide insight into current trends, and align all stakeholders.
- Respond to feature and functionality questions from the various channels, including both internal/external customers and vendors
- Stay abreast of industry issues and requirements
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Travel may be required
- Other duties may be assigned
As a member of the Sustaining Engineering division, you will assist in troubleshooting and correcting software defects. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design, recommend and implement changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs. Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel.
Bachelor's degree or higher required, preferably in computer science and Hospitality.
Strong analytical skills
Complex application troubleshooting skills
Ability to translate complex technical analysis into user oriented terms
- Web Services (JAXWS - SOAP/REST)
- Oracle ADF (Faces and BC)
- Oracle Service Bus (OSB)
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- Fusion Middleware Security (OIM, OID (or AD) and OAM)
- Experience with installing, configuring and administering of Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Experience with other Java EE application servers like WebSphere and JBOSS
- Experience with Identity & Access Management with products like Active Directory, Oracle Internet Directory, Oracle Access Manager, Tivoli Access Manager, SiteMinder.
- Preferred related applications knowledge for represented product (i.e. OPERA, OXI, OSB, OEDS).
- Oracle's product knowledge a plus.
- Hospitality industry knowledge a plus.
- Previous experience working within a multi-cultural global software development project a plus.
Please Note: Due to the nature of this position, employee may be subject to extensive background checks (including fingerprinting) by Oracle customers and/or vendors as a condition to conduct business on their premises.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently. Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products) and technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience and professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.