Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Providing remote technical and functional support to Oracle's global customers using the very latest tools and our extensive knowledge base. You will also have the opportunity to gain up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of new products, contribute to knowledge management, problem avoidance and be involved in other interesting projects.
We are looking to recruit in our Technical Support environment in Oracle Agile PLM.
- Knowledge of product design and manufacturing methodologies and processes and general understanding of the principles of product life cycle management are essential
- Good knowledge of business flow. For technical candidates
- Programming, SQL, PL/SQL,
- JAVA technology, and database experience are essential
- System administration, applying patches and performing installation or upgrades experience would be an advantage
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Overall knowledge about software technologies, complex software solutions, ERP Systems, Business Engineering
- Previous experience with Oracle AgilePLM/Other PLM software is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and/or Solaris , web application servers(Weblogic, OAS) and relational databases (Oracle/MS SQL), application deployment (install/upgrade) and performance architecture (load balancing, clustering).
- Past experience in software support would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and passion for customer service is essential.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.