Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
Preferred skills, abilities, and background
- 2-3 years experience in Internet technologies and operation (PHP, MySQL, XML, HTML, CSS, SOAP), Relational Database Management Systems (MySQL), and call center technology
- Exposure to software development, debugging, documentation, and troubleshooting
- Exposure to programming, ideally in some c-like language
- Ability to manage challenging customer interactions
- Strong logic, reasoning, and math skills
- Proven ability to manage priorities
- Exceptional communication skills: ability to accurately and precisely communicate instructions, steps, seek information from clients and empathize both verbally and in writing: Must have technical writing capabilities
- Experience with CRM, SFA, MA or Customers Service applications a plus
- Superior RightNow product knowledge and hands on product experience a plus
- Security clearance
- English but Japanese and German language skill in addition to English would be ideal (written and spoken)
You will be responsible for fostering continual improvement of the customer experience, setting and maintaining high standards of performance and ensuring timely delivery with the greatest possible quality while maintaining customer data security.
As a global company, our technical support team is a 24x7 operation. This role requires shift work or occasional work during non-standard business hours, coverage during public holidays, and possibly travel. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide break/fix technical support by responding to and following up, via CX and phone, on technical issues reported by our clients
- Ensure customers are satisfied with RightNow products and services by providing Radical Customer Care
- Maintain high customer satisfaction results on individual agent surveys
- Meet Service Level Objectives for specific Customer Care Support package goals
- Provide expert guidance and recommendations to ensure our customers' success
- Advise clients of RightNow best practices
- Encourage customers to maintain release on most current product version
- Work with RightNow and customer project managers as needed on client technical issues to ensure implementation milestones and best practices are achieved
- Work with Cloud Operations, Professional Services, Sales and Development groups to meet customer needs
- Help maintain and improve internal and customer facing knowledgebase
This position is located in Bozeman Montana.Qualifications:
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle) Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.