At Oracle Fusion, we deliver Technical solutions to leading companies worldwide so they can assess, acquire, and manage their workforce for improved business performance. To realize our vision of making our innovative and comprehensive solutions synonymous with talent leadership, we look to attract, hire, and retain the best talent in the industry.
Fusion Application Technologies Support Team is expanding to support our rapidly increasing customer base. The team partners with development in supporting early adopters and new customers. It is a unique opportunity to be part of the future of Oracle Support and help shape the organization to benefit our customers, employees and the organization overall. If you are excited by the notion of being able to define a group from early stages on and shape our collective future then this is the place to be.
The position is for the Fusion Applications Technologies team & focus area is Security. Security team interacts with customers to assist them with Security Administration which includes User & Role Management, Security Customization, and Login & Federation SSO in Fusion Applications.
• Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting ability and skilled in using industry standard tools and techniques.
• Extensive experience monitoring, tuning and/or changing complex applications to optimize the product to perform to customer expectations.
• Ability and attitude to assist junior members of the team in training on new products and technologies is highly desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to produce audience appropriate communication with executives support personnel and customer personnel in tense / escalated situations.
• Well-developed listening skills. Able to discern core issues in an environment where it may be difficult to determine what cause is and what is symptom.
• Good organizational skills. Be able to develop a coherent plan of action that meets everyone's needs to resolve a given situation as quickly as possible.
• Self starter, works well unsupervised or with limited supervision.
Top 5 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
I. Oracle FMW Administration
1. Strong hands-on skills on Oracle FMW Architecture, Administration & Troubleshooting
2. Hands on Expertise in Enterprise application (for e.g. EBS) User administration, Login troubleshooting & Integration with SSO/OAM/OID
3. Knowledge of OAM/OIF/OID
II. Database Related (Intermediate): Conversant with Oracle Database. Good knowledge of SQL queries , PL/SQL & SQL Tools.
III. Operating System (Intermediate):
1. Basic Unix commands
2. Usage of Putty
3. Basic knowledge of Shell Script
1. Basic OS commands
2. Create, Start and Stop services
3. Creation and usage of O/S variables (System, Environment)
IV. ERP Related (Intermediate): Exposure in administering the Enterprise Application (e.g. EBS) and troubleshooting issues related to that.
V . Fusion Middleware Related / Others (Intermediate):
1. XML: skilled in reading/writing/validating and processing reasonably complex XML documents. Familiarity with DTD's, Namespaces, XML Schemas, XPath and XSLT.
2. Exposure to WLST Scripts.
Note: This role may need you to work on weekends and multiple shifts on rotation basis. Preference would be given to candidates who are willing to work the second shift (12:00 PM - 8:30 PM local time)
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.