Are you interested in being part of a dynamic and fast paced team supporting Oracle's newest Supply Chain and Procurement offering? At Oracle Fusion, we deliver Supply Chain Management / Procurement / Manufacturing solutions in the Cloud (SaaS) and on-premise to leading companies worldwide, across multiple industries. Department Description:
The Fusion Supply Chain / Manufacturing Support Team is expanding to support our rapidly increasing customer base in the Cloud (SaaS), as well as growing numbers of on-premise accounts. The team partners with Oracle Development in supporting early adopters and many other new customers. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the future of Oracle Support and help shape the product and the organization to benefit our customers and our employees. Position Overview:
This position is for supporting Fusion Applications, particularly under the Supply Chain Management / Manufacturing pillar (Materials Requirement Planning, Production Planning, Warehouse Management, Configurator, Advanced Pricing, Product Information Management, Distributed Order Orchestration, Logistics, Cost Management, Procurement, Sales Order, and Inventory). Job Responsibilities:
- Research, resolve and respond to complex issues across the Application product lines and product boundaries in accordance with current standards
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Ensure that each and every customer is handled with a consummately professional attitude and the highest possible level of service
- Take ownership and responsibility for priority customer cases where and when required
- Review urgent and critical incidents for quality
- Queue reviews with analysts to ensure quality and efficiency of support
- Report high visibility cases, escalation, customer trends to management
- Act as information resource to the management team
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on resolving customer cases as quickly and effectively as possible
- Participate in projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support
- Participate in system and release testing, as needed
- Act as a role model and mentor for other analysts
- Participate in after hour support as required.
- Work with Oracle Development/Support Development for product related issues
- Demonstrate core competencies (employ sound business judgment, creative and innovative ways to solve problems, strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done)
Oracle Software Support is growing its Fusion Supply Chain / Manufacturing Support team.
As part of this team, you will learn the latest technology and help influence product supportability, usability, maintenance, and installation/configuration.
The team works closely with the Fusion Development team, as well as other Oracle teams, directly involved in Fusion Products.
If you are interested in joining the support team for a product in its early stages and help shape the future of Fusion product and Fusion customers alike, then this is the place to be. If you think you meet the requirements below, we are definitely interested in finding more about you.
As a Support Engineer, you will be expected to have:
• Skills in using industry standard tools and techniques.
• Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities. Behavioral
Technical & Analytical
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent communication skills, in terms of being able to convey technical and functional knowledge and solutions in highly escalated situations to executives, support personnel and customer personnel.
- Well-developed listening skills, with ability to discern core issues in an environment where it may be difficult to determine the symptoms and cause.
- Good organizational skills that facilitate the generation of coherent action plans that meet participant needs and lead to problem resolution as quickly as possible.
- Fast and flexible problem solving aptitude so as to be able to adjust resolution plans as new data for given problems is obtained.
- Ability to persevere in the face of obstacles and ensure customers' success.
- Able to work well with limited daily supervision.
- Process orientation preferred.
- Self starter.
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills in the area of functional or technical domains of enterprise business application environments as listed in the respective posting.
- Ability to analyze details and synthesize the "big picture", frequently working with incomplete or ambiguous data.
- Creative use of industry standard tools to aid in the diagnostic process.
- Knowledge in one of the following areas is seen as an advantage: XML, Java, J2EE, Oracle ADF, SOA and Web Services.
- B.S. (Computer Science) or equivalent preferred.
- Other qualifications with adequate experience might be considered.
Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
Job duties may require work in 8-hour shifts, up until 9 pm MST, either on rotational or permanent basisQualifications:
- Strong Supply Chain / Manufacturing functional knowledge
- Excellent communication skills dealing with customers (internally and externally)
- Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Desire to learn new technologies
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.