Are you motivated to join the Technical Support team at the leader in On Demand Customer Experience Management software? Are you experienced in troubleshooting technical issues? Do you enjoy being the first point of contact for the technical needs of customer accounts? Would you thrive in a fast paced environment? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
We offer the opportunity to work with Designated Contacts within our customer client accounts to assess the nature of product or service issues and resolve extremely technical or sophisticated support problems
. As an Oracle Service Cloud Technical Support Engineer, you would be part of a team who provides customer leadership by delivering best practices, pro-active solution support and trouble shooting of highly technical issues.
You will be responsible for fostering continual improvement of the customer experience, setting and maintaining high standards of performance and ensuring timely delivery with the greatest possible quality while maintaining customer data security. Your goals and objectives will align with Oracle Service Cloud's core values: growth, customer-focused, success-oriented and high ethics.
As a global company, our technical support team is a 24x7 operation. This role requires shift work or occasional work during non-standard business hours, coverage during public holidays, and possibly travel.
The following position is located at our headquarters offices in beautiful Bozeman, Montana , where the clean air, big sky vistas, world class outdoor recreation, and family-friendly community feel combine to create an extraordinary living experience. Add in no traffic, great schools, a large regional airport, and a variety of cultural opportunities and Bozeman is the place to be for that small town feel with big city amenities and professional opportunities . Bozeman, Montana is an ideal location to live and raise a family.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT or technical field, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years experience in Internet technologies and operation (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, ICMP, SOAP, PHP, MySQL, XML, CSS, HTML, .Net)
- 2-3 years experience with general IT systems and troubleshooting tools (Windows and Linux operating systems, firewalls, routers, proxies, Citrix, NTLM, MS Office, WAN/LAN, Wireshark, Fiddler, MRTG, OSI model)
- Strong logic, reasoning, and math skills
- Exposure to software development, debugging, documentation, and troubleshooting
- Exposure to programming, ideally in some c-like language
- Ability to manage challenging customer interactions
- Proven ability to manage priorities
- Exceptional communication skills: ability to accurately and precisely communicate instructions, steps, seek information from clients and empathize both verbally and in writing: Must have technical writing capabilities
- English language, but additional Spanish, Portuguese, or Japanese language skills would be ideal
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
- Provide break/fix technical support by responding to and following up, via CX and phone, on technical issues reported by our clients
- Ensure customers are satisfied with Oracle Service Cloud (OSvC) products and services by providing excellent customer service
- Maintain high customer satisfaction results on individual agent surveys
- Meet Service Level Objectives for specific Customer Care Support package goals
- Provide expert guidance and recommendations to ensure our customers' success
- Advise clients of OSvC best practices
- Encourage customers to maintain release on most current product version
- Work with OSvC customer project managers as needed on client technical issues to ensure implementation milestones and best practices are achieved
- Work with Cloud Operations, Professional Services, Sales and Development groups to meet customer needs
- Help maintain and improve internal and customer facing knowledgebase
Applicable Company Background
- Experience with CRM, SFA, MA or Customers Service applications a plus
- Superior OSvC product knowledge and hands on product experience a plus
- Security clearance
- Siebel, Kana, Egain, Cisco, Oracle, MarchFirst, iPlanet, Scient, Razorfish, Proxicom, Viant, Nervewire, Sapient, SAP, JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, Blue Martini, Broadvision, CommerceOne, Ariba, eShare, Answers.com, Serviceware, SalesLogix, iCommunicate, eShare, Clarify, Zoot
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.