Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description Position Summary:
Building Information Modeling (BIM) provides the ability to conduct 3D digital simulations and is enriched with data that is useful for facilities management throughout the building life cycle. The information within BIM allows better-informed decision-making and improves data accuracy business decisions and outcomes.
Aramark uses the BIM Data to integrate with their Centralized Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). This allows greater accuracy in cleaning and maintenance schedules. This position will assist with the evolution of BIM for operations. Essential Functions:
The BIM Specialist will work out of the Philadelphia Headquarters and be a part of a team to develop the models for Aramark Facilities' accounts throughout the United States. This will be inclusive of all different market sectors, including Healthcare, Business & Industry, Higher Education, K-12 and Sports & Industry.
The BIM Specialist will use Revit Software to primarily convert CAD and or PDF files into BIM Architectural Models. This individual will be responsible to extract the BIM data applicable for facilities into a predetermined database. Perform quality assurance for the accuracy of data and prepare for validation, reporting and integration of data into a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Applicant must have an understanding of mapping and integration of data with other software systems.
Capable of traveling to Aramark client locations using handheld technology to validate the accuracy of the BIM data and conduct additional facilities data entry as needed.
The BIM Specialist shall have project management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and manage to aggressive project schedules. The Specialist will participate and or lead Skype calls with the Aramark team, clients and/or vendors. The position requires strong oral and written communication skills.
The individual shall provide support in the continuous development of the BIM program, guidelines, best practices, training and down-stream system integration. Status & Scope:
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reports to the Facilities Center of Excellence.
- Proficient in Excel, CAD and Revit Software
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to read and understand plans as well as can take accurate dimensions when needed to validate in the field
- Strong interpersonal skills and expertise in working with diverse groups of individuals and building partnerships.
- Must be an effective communicator, both written and oral
- Exceptional judgment, integrity and discretion, and demonstrated ability to think strategically, and delivery tactically.
- Excellent hand and computer plan graphics
- Experience and or education in Facilities Management, Architecture, or Interior Design
- Proven skills in Adobe Suite, Autodesk products, Imaginit and Microsoft Office
- 1+ years of experience with BIM modeling
- Understanding and experience in mapping data between various software systems
- 1+ years project management experience
- BS in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or Facilities Management (preferred)