Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Digital Strategy and Enablement group within GSF IT seeks a qualified individual for a key technical analyst role. The group is responsible for providing advanced technology capabilities to the Global Finance organization to allow for more integrated business process and improved decision making ability.
The IT Technical Analyst position will be responsible for working directly with key stakeholders in Finance in order to identify improved technology and architecture in support of business process across the entire Finance function. The successful candidate must have excellent communication and technical skills as well as the ability to create and maintain strong, trusted relationships across functional areas. Additionally, the successful candidate possesses the technical ability coordinate demand and solution delivery across business stakeholders and geographically diverse delivery capabilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding the needs of the Global Finance business area and effectively identify and engage the proper IT resources to provide a successful solution
- Facilitate discussions/workshops with business partners to understand current and future state business processes/requirements
- Document and verify business process flows and business requirements
- Verify solution's alignment with requirements and Merck IT architecture
- Keep abreast of new technologies, methodologies, industry practices and standards
- Critical-thinking and analytical skills
- Experience with change and communications management
- Strong problem solving skills
- Motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working independently and collaboratively within a geographically diverse environment
- Ability to self-learn and develop business knowledge quickly
- Familiar with working across geographically diverse teams
- Comfortable with communication across all levels of management
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- The ability to advocate new ideas, even when risks are involved
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement