At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Candidate will possess qualities to undertake a lead role within the enterprise network engineering team. This person will provide high-value through deep engagement in the requirements, design, integration, implementation, optimization, performance and support of network solutions that align with business and overall infrastructure needs. The position also focuses on technical leadership of projects and therefore requires tuned organizational and collaborative skills meshed with a deep understanding of infrastructure technologies and how they intersect with business requirements. Through their pervasive knowledge of evolving technology, best practices and existing infrastructure, they should expertly articulate, direct, and integrate network technologies into the enterprise.
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a subject-matter-expert involved in the ongoing architecture, planning, design, testing, configuration, implementation and documentation of the enterprise network
- Lead assigned network integration projects and deployments and ensure solutions are delivered to meet business requirements
- Responsible for engineering and implementing network solutions at the component level, including hands-on configuration, troubleshooting and optimization
- Provide work leadership and guidance to the engineering staff with possible informal supervisory responsibilities
- Maintain relevancy and knowledge in current networking technologies
- Provide product evaluation, testing, lab and mockup solutions as needed
- Troubleshoot and rectify network problems as escalated by operational teams
- Provide recommendations to teams to achieve operational and infrastructure efficiencies
- Assist in development of policies, standards and guidelines for the enterprise network
- Ensure security guidelines and industry best-practices are implemented within the network
- Be a mentor for staff, sharing knowledge and expertise as appropriate
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have 8-10 years
experience in information technology field with five years of direct support of enterprise networks (Fortune 500) specializing in network and systems design and integration
- Hands-on architecture/network design experience within last year
- Demonstrated leadership skills in previous roles
- Strong experience with large-scale Cisco-centric network deployment and integration
- Demonstrate a commanding knowledge of the design of end-to-end networking components including switching, routing, wireless, WAN, firewall, acceleration, load balancing, security stack and tie-in protocols and technologies
- Immediate hands-on knowledge of Cisco hardware including Nexus series, legacy Cisco chassis systems and Cisco ASA
- Technical expertise with standard protocols including IPv4/v6, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, BGP, STP
- Working knowledge of firewall and load balancer platforms
- Strong project and time management skills with ability to sustain multiple components of complex projects with shifting priorities
- Self-starter, motivated, organized, can-do attitude with endurance under pressure
- Have collaborative mindset with appropriate interpersonal skills to work with complimentary infrastructure groups in the deployment of solutions
- Ability to provide both engineering and summary level documents articulating complex physical and logical network paradigms
- Engagement in emerging technologies such as SDN, NFV, cloud, converged infrastructure
- Knowledge of Cisco GSS/CSM/CSS/ACE load balancers a plus
- Python or Ruby programming skills for future ACI/network automation a plus
s Degree in Technical Field (Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or Master
s degree (preferred)
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor