Technical Architect (Job Number: 020418)
Corporate Office - 1425 LAKE COOK RD
1425 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT organization. Participates in the definition of software architecture to ensure that the IT organization's software solutions are built within a consistent framework and aligned to strategy. Responsible for infrastructure and application architecture. Assigned complex undertakings that regularly require the application of independent judgment. Receives work in short- and mid- term outcomes and operates within the context of approved methods. Ensures changes to systems have proper architecture with thorough documentation. Works directly on improving stability. Is responsible for documenting and training team on all layers of architecture. Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other teams. Interacts with other architecture teams on integration between systems. Effectively collaborates with cross functional teams, business and managed services resources (both from onshore and offshore) to align work efforts, develop/execute tactical plans that enable successful business operations. Implements best practices from Run and Dev Ops Manager to improve stability and maintainability of the related apps. Acts as a stakeholder during the initiation and development stage of each project and assume accountability for analysis, design and implementation of assigned tasks. Job Responsibilities
- Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT organization. Participates in the definition of IT architecture to ensure that the IT organization's IT solutions are built within a consistent framework.
- Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering personnel on a range of software design issues.
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions. .
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in an IT engineering role OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 8 years of experience in an IT engineering role.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in server side or client side technologies
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences)
- At least 1 year of experience in domain-specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones;
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Engineering, Science, or Math.
- Experience working with retail systems and the underlying infrastructure
- Experience with Point Of Sale Systems
- Experience working with multiple teams.
- Possession of fundamental skills of a solution architect with ability to inquire and resolve ambiguous requirements.
- Ability to analyze existing systems through interview process with technology and application SMEs to develop end-to-end Current State Architecture and definition of the Future State Architecture.
- Perform gap analysis between current state and the future state architecture to identify single points of failure, capabilities, capacity, fault tolerance, hours of operation (SLA), and change windows.
- Basic understanding of enterprise IT systems, hosting solutions, networking, telephony, server technologies, and databases is highly recommend
- Experience in the Retail industry is preferred.
- Experience with Merchandising , Supply Chain and Logistics tools and technologies is preferred
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.