This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.Job Summary
Are you a technologist and geek at heart? Does leading highly visible, high-impact projects and building solutions on cutting-edge technologies at large scale appeal to you?
Walgreens Digital Engineering group is an award-winning organization. We don't delegate our thinking to golden-plate enterprise IT vendors. We believed in our vision to drive true innovation and make meaningful differences to our customers' lives. We are on a mission to help transforming Walgreens enterprise IT landscapes.
Digital architecture and performance engineering is a small team of highly technical architects and engineers that define the forward-looking engineering roadmaps, craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient architecture designs, drive technology delivery as designed, and build high performance customer experiences.Job Responsibilities
- Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the online organization. Participates in the definition of IT architecture to ensure that the online organization's IT solutions are built within a consistent framework.
- Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering personnel on a range of software design issues
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/business solutions
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
- May mentor less experienced members of the team. May lead teams / projects.
- May represent Digital Engineering in internal or external forums.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in on-line software engineering OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 7 years of experience in software engineering.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in server side or client side technologies.
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences).
- At least 1 year of experience in domain-specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Hands-on mobile development experiences on iOS and/or Android platforms
- Familiar with native APIs as well as hybrid (HTML5/CSS) development
- Knowledges of technologies in the mobile eco-system such as MDM, MADP, Beacons, Physical Web, etc.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.