Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal office of the CIO (OCIO) is looking for a talented and highly motivated Architect with deep expertise in solution architecture in major corporate environments. This individual will be responsible for turning our multi-year business and technology transformation vision into reality for PayPal Back Office platforms. The OCIO Architect will achieve success by relying on their superior soft and hard skills to navigate and excel in our Agile and fast-moving technology culture. This person will take a role partnering directly with our business stakeholders and technologists to translate business objectives into architecture and design for our Next Generation platforms. This individual will also be responsible for specifying robust, responsive, secure architecture and design aligned to our end-state through active business and technology partner engagement in an Agile and iterative delivery methodologyPrimary Job Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership to the immediate business and technology organization to influence improved agility, deeper understanding of the platform's capabilities, and higher quality products.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business domain and enterprise technology inventory to craft a solution roadmap that achieves business objectives, maximizes reuse, and protects the ecosystem.
- Assess impact to platforms part of enterprise roadmap planning
- Drive technical designs to consensus and approval as a leader within PayPal's cross-functional technology team.
- Design and oversee end-to-end solutions that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be leveraged and extended for future requirements.
- Leads, collaborates, and communicates architectural vision and governance models to architecture, development, and executive teams across the Office of the CIO and other Technology Domains around PayPal.
- Provide regular high-level communications to the executive staff and detailed communications to company-wide stakeholders
- Work with Development Managers, Program Managers, Architects, Lead Engineers, Product Owners, and OE in scoping, phasing, and sizing major company-wide product launches
- Deliver high quality products within aggressive timelines, with little or no guidance
- Proactively engage with other team-members and cross-functional teams to ensure all open issues are identified & resolved.
- Produce diagrams, reference architecture, domain models, and other artifacts that describe complex problems and sprawling end-to-end solutions.
Leverage organization savvy to connect the dots, expose product and delivery opportunities, and then execute
- 8+ years of software and systems engineering experience with at least 6 years of architecting, designing and delivering enterprise-grade, distributed, mission-critical infrastructure and applications.
- Fluent in navigating build versus buy product and architecture evaluations
- Multiple years in an architecture role within an Agile Product Development organization.
- Deep SOA, Messaging, and Asynchronous event processing experience
- Must possess a proven track record of developing business vision, developing technical and systems architectures to address that vision, and communicating that vision with technologists and Product Owners to make that vision a reality
- Must exhibit strong leadership and exceptional technical skills
- Must be passionate about providing world-class solutions for internal employees and millions of customers across the world
- Must possess a track record of innovation and execution in a high-pressure environment
- Make timely, high-quality decisions, based on limited information
- Proficient using industry standards and technical expertise to establish best practices and strategic technical solutions.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.