The Server and Management Studios (samstudios) team is currently seeking an experienced, motivated, creative, and customer-focused UX Designer to create the next generation experiences for Windows Server.
Our world-class product design team is expanding. We are looking for a talented user experience (UX) designers to own the design leadership and execution of end to end experiences for the next generation experiences for Windows Server. As a designer on our team, you will be responsible for delivering design and innovation across one or more facets of the design process, including rapid prototyping, storytelling, sketching, storyboarding, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, motion design, design research and usability. The user experience designer must be a strong advocate for the user, know the user based on real customer interactions, and learn and champion industry-leading user-centered design practices. Our goal is to deliver amazing products that generate excitement, products people love and enjoy using. This is an opportunity to help shape the future of how users interact with one of Microsoft’s largest products.
• 3+ years of interactive and visual design experience
• A well-rounded, experienced UX professional who connects the dots between business needs, innovation, and great design.
• Experienced at driving a user experience from start-to-finish that delivers results, connects emotionally, and makes customers smile again and again.
• Obsessed with good user-centered design practices and have an eye for detail (That font. That grid. That color. That gesture. That motion.)
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Industrial Design, Fine Arts or related field is desired.
• Solid knowledge of design principles, design methodologies and solid visual foundation, design thinking.
• Technical server administration or networking is desirable but not required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.