The Technical Artist will work with art, design, and code teams to solve specific challenges, and ensure art assets can be easily integrated into the game without sacrificing either the overall artistic vision or exceeding the technical limits of the chosen platform.
A strong balance of creative/visual aesthetics and technical skills, and need to be comfortable with artistic critique is necessary.
The Technical Artists must be experienced with inventing and implementing new techniques, but also comfortable demonstrating and explaining those techniques to other Artists and Designers on the team. Basic Qualifications:
- Experience collaborating with design, art, and technical teams.
- Portfolio demonstrating tech art skills in several of the following: rendering, characters, environments, visual effects.
- Able to troubleshoot and fix complex workflow issues in artist software, version control systems, and game engines.
- Experience scripting with Maya and 3DS Max.
- Experience writing complex material shaders in an Unreal engine.
- Experience with current generation console platforms (Playstation 4 and Xbox One)
- Background in one or more of the following disciplines: visual effects, lighting and physics, environment art.
- Working knowledge of multiple script languages, such as Python and C#.
- 3 years in game industry, and at least one AAA title shipped
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.