Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an excited and creative individual to join us in making tools for artists on Heroes of the Storm.
Rendering an epic multi-dimensional battle in 16 milliseconds is hard work. Artists pour their creativity both into making the most epic universes possible, and into figuring out how to get that scene to run fast enough that players can enjoy it. You will learn both how to do performance analysis on Heroes of the Storm, and how to apply these lessons to 3D art assets to make the game run faster. From there, you will use what you've learned to program tools for artists that make it easier to make optimal art. In the end, your work will bring joy to both our artists and our players.
Twilight Archons, Red Mages, and technical artists all share a common bond. Our ideal candidate is so passionate about both art and engineering that they can't help but apply their talents to both. If you geek out about WebGL, can't wait to show us your new project in Lib Cinder, or are reading this while the solder cools on your latest Arduino project, you're the type of person we want to collaborate with to make some epic Blizzard games.Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Interest in optimization for video game art
- Interest in creation of art tools
- Technical background and familiarity with some amount of programming
- Positive and helpful attitude
- Passion for playing and making computer games, especially game styles relevant to Heroes of the Storm
- Familiar with 3dsMax, Maya, or equivalent 3D content creation software
- Familiar with gameplay scripting in a game toolset, such as StarCraft II, Source, Unity, or UDK
- Familiar with C, C , C#, Python, or MaxScript specifically
- We like people who dual-class
- Computer Science Majors with interest in Art and Animation
- Art Majors with technical skills
- Majors that are inherently multi-disciplinary, like Architecture, Film, or Graphic Design
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio demonstrating technical skills and a passion for art
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.