Murlocks and naga and dragonkin, oh my! Elementals and mechs and demons! The critters, creatures, and characters that inhabit the World of Warcraft are a diverse lot. All that walking, running, flying, slithering, and swimming requires rigs ready for action.
We're looking for a top-notch technical artist to join the World of Warcraft team as they craft new adventures for the denizens of Azeroth. You must have experience creating rigs for a diverse visual range of characters, creatures, and props. You must also be skilled in creating tools using MEL or MaxScript and be well-versed in art content pipelines.
You're collaborative and understand how to work closely with character artists and animators to create memorable characters and great performances. The ideal technical artist is at their best in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years' technical artist, technical animation, or character TD experience in game development or CG animation production
- Rigging experience and well-versed in the process of character creation and animation techniques
- Advanced Maya and 3ds Max knowledge
- Experience with tools creation to facilitate artistic production
- Scripting experience including MEL and Maxscript
- Able to communicate effectively with animators and character artists
- A desire to improve art content pipelines and help others create awesome art
- Strong technical background
- Detail oriented and efficient
Required Application Materials
- Previously shipped one or more AAA PC or console titles as a technical artist or technical animator
- Strong foundation in arts, including animation and kinetics
- Understanding of the visual style of World of Warcraft and a passion to push it to the next level
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Demo reel and / or portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic and technical skills
- Only online submissions (website, blog, online album, etc.) will be accepted
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.