As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, data centers/networks and Waste Water Treatment Facilities. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, and efficient, the company's 100,000 employees achieved sales of more than $22 billion in 2009, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations "Make the most of their energy." www.schneider-electric.us
The primary responsibility of this position at the Smyrna TN Plant is to serve as a contact for Sales Representatives, Field Service Technicians, and end use customers needing technical assistance with the Medium Voltage product lines. This includes assisting field sales with layout, order entry, specification interpretation, order review to estimate engineering hours, and coordination with other product lines. Responsibilities will include:
- Regular interaction with corporate customers, field sales, marketing personnel, order engineering and plant manufacturing associates for sales support and creating best value solutions for our customers.
- Timely response to field sales, marketing and customer support requests, typically within 24 hours, with the following tasks:
- Assists with the review and interpretation of customer plans and specifications as requested.
- Assists with the layout and configuration of switchgear as requested.
- Provide feasibility and pricing as needed to support non standard features or customer special requests that are currently not included in the standard offering to support quotation and order entry activities.
- Estimate engineering and manufacturing time and materials required for pricing special requests which includes obtaining vendor quotes as required.
- Maintain the databases of request:
- Drive Database size reduction to clean up the request records for old or un-used records.
- Identify high use request and shift them into the standard records to increase engineering efficiency.
- Maintain request records including pricing, lead time and product obsolescence.
- Identify and elevate quote requests for “new design” requests so a proper business case can be made and analyzed.
- Minimal travel may be required to local offices.
- Knowledge of the Medium Voltage Switchgear product line including; switchgear design, installation, and applications.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal codes governing the installation and use of switchgear.
- Ability to use AutoCAD and engineering tools to create layouts and drawing packages as needed.
- A bility to interpret customer’s plans and specifications.
- Ability to interact with engineering and manufacturing personnel.
- Must be able to effectively utilize time to maintain schedule and meet critical deadlines.
- High motivation required to meet challenging deadlines and drive product improvements to support the business model .
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills. Inter-personal skills are also essential in order to maintain the strong team atmosphere that currently exists within our group.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret basic front elevation, one-line, and schematic drawings.
- Must be well organized, strong computer skills with AutoCAD, MS Office, including Powerpoint and Visio, Adobe, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- A good work ethic, along with high energy and a positive attitude, high degree of self-organization.
- Strong approach to team work working as individual contributor or in a team environment in collaboration with various groups.
Excellent time management and time tracking is required to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a flexible and changing/demanding environment. . Qualifications: Other Requirements and Skills:
• BSEE or BSME with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in the manufacture or design of MV switchgear. This position is a senior or staff level position depending on qualifications and/or experience.
- Familiarity with IEEE and ANSI standards
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Prefer experience working with field sales, consulting engineers, vendors, and installation contractors.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.