Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Technical Associate, 2shift, located in Lancaster, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
This Technical Associate will be responsible for:
- Technical support includes performing and documenting maintenance, making and documenting adjustments to process equipment, contributing to change control activities, projects and facility outages.
- Technical associates will also support operations in equipment change over and provide technical direction to operating associates when assigned.
- Identify and communicate to supervision all immediate and potential quality, safety, or environmental issues (material, procedure, and process) as observed.
- Responsible for ensuring the reliability of equipment that is utilized for the processing and packaging of Lancaster products.
- Must be responsive to the manufacturing environment for maximum up-time of equipment.
- Perform the technical portions of changeovers within his/her process area within allotted timeframes.
- Train and enable operators to assist with or perform changeovers within his/her process.
- Perform Corrective, Preventative and Emergency Maintenance and document within CMMS (SAP).
- Contribute to root-cause analysis of equipment / component downtime issues.
- Support the planning group with information to order repair parts or coordinate contracted repair services.
- Ensure that all documentation associated with his/her activities is documented with Good Documentation Practices. (includes but not limited to: CMMS, protocols, batch records, investigations, PM modification forms and log books)
- Follows all appropriate safety requirements- use of PPE, Lock out/tag out, confined space entry etc.
- Participates in protocols, change control activities and line trails in the planning, execution and analysis phases.
- Operate Manufacturing and/or Packaging equipment/machinery to manufacture and/or package product as per applicable SOPs for the purpose of troubleshooting, adjustment and repairs.
- Follow applicable SOPs and batch records.
- Maintain an updated and current training record (adhere to training timelines in Compliance Wire, etc.)
- Participate in Safety initiatives and other plant designated programs (Zero Defects, OEE etc.)
- High school diploma or its equivalent for this position; an A.S. Degree in Technical discipline is preferred. 5+ years of technical work experience may be substituted for the technical degree.
- 3+ years of technical experience in a similar manufacturing environment (clean room, continuous production, machinery) with specific focus in the following areas is required:
- Ability to quickly diagnose and repair equipment.
- Changeover reduction experience.
- Downtime reduction analysis.
- Mechanical and Electrical abilities.
- Basic computer skills, including Windows Operating Systems and applications is required.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, ability to climb a ladder, a combination of standing and sitting for a normal shift of up to 12 hours is required.
- Previous high-speed packaging equipment Repair and Maintenance experience is required.
- 3+ years experience in the manufacturing operation for the food, medical device or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Experience with computerized materials management is preferred.
- Experience working in a GMP environment is preferred.
- Ability to work 2 shift, but be available for training during 1 shift is required.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.