Technical Business System Analyst in Beaverton, OR
Posted: December 02, 2016
Reference ID: 2106333522
A Technical Business System Analyst job in Beaverton, Oregon is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technology. This position is responsible for understanding the functional requirements and translating them into technical specifications. You will work with cross-functional teams to understand all aspects of the project and document data-oriented solutions. This is a 1-2 years contract position and the pay rate is $30-$35 depending on experience. If interested, please contact Beth Infante at 503.535.2581 or Ninibeth.Infante@adeccona.com.
Job responsibilities include:
- Understand the entire lifecycle of the project, determine what data is required based on functional requirements, and determine how that data and business rules will translate to internal applications
- Develop and publish technical specifications, technical requirements, and other documentation, as required.
- Design data mappings and transformations which will be used to drive ETL procedures.
- Work with QC Analysts to design testing strategies and plans to ensure all outcomes are as expected.
- Using tools such as Excel, Access, SQL Server, and others, directly query, assess, and analyze data to ensure requirements are being met.
- Serve as liaison between Client Services (business) and Data Analysts (technical) to keep production work flowing smoothly. Help guide and mentor junior BSAs in this capacity.
- Work with Technical Project Managers to ensure all required steps and actions are captured in project plans, and that project timelines seem reasonable.
- Lead, conduct, or consult in user acceptance test exercises to ensure results are acceptable and meet requirements.
- Participate in creating and observe software development standards, processes, procedures, methodologies, etc., according to departmental policies and conventions.
- Interact and correspond professionally with team members, project management, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Account for and accurately log time against project work.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years experience as Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Process Specialist, or other role where business functional requirements are captured and decomposed.
- Proficient with MS Office tools, particularly Excel.
- Experience with relational databases and ability to read and write moderately complex SQL.
- Understanding of data modeling and data organization. Ability to analyze data sets from external sources and map to an established relational data model.
- Understanding of and experience with extract, transform, load (ETL) concepts, tools, and practices.
- Ability to work in an environment with deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; able to adjust for intended audience. Fluent in English.
If you are interested in this Technical Business System Analyst job in Beaverton, Oregon then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technology go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Beth Infante at 503-535-2581 or Ninibeth.Infante@adeccona.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled