At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. This role will provide expert guidance and claims compliance oversight on complex individual life claims and annuities including high dollar life insurance issues. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory and legal requirements. Guards against financial risks associated with claim related matters. Job Location
Bridgewater, NJ Alternate Location
DesMoines, IA Bridgewater NJ, NYC, Warwick, RI Charlotte, NC Tampa, FL Job Description
- Provides advice and direction on complex death, disability waiver and annuity claim matters for individual life and annuity operations.
- Responsible for compliance oversight of claims processing units.
- Reviews matters where eligibility, payment amount or contractual provisions are unclear or questionable.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, claimants, beneficiaries, attorneys, claims management, auditing, and state insurance departments.
- Reviews all legislation to determine impact on claim procedures, and recommends changes to ensure compliance. Provides training to claims personnel to guard against Unfair Claim Settlement Practices and Write Now/ Pay Later.
- Provides oversight and direction during internal and external claim audits and market conduct exams.
- Performs ad-hoc compliance related projects.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum 5 years' experience handling death claims on life insurance policies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Required Education Travel
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication
- Ability to Multi-Task
- Series 6
- Bachelor's Degree
0-5% Business Category
Global Technology & Operations Number of Openings
1 Contact Information
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 10M