Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Technical Sales Consultant - Turbomachinery Controls
Location: Houston, TX or Baton Rouge, LA
The Technical Sales Consultant (TSC) provides sales support throughout the sales cycle. This support is specific to the development of complex applications or solutions for our customer base.
· Assists the pursuit team with identifying, qualifying, and quantifying new opportunities.
· Assists pursuit team throughout the sales cycle with strategy, tactics and scope of pursuits.
· Uses in-depth product and/or industry knowledge to provide sales presentations and product demonstrations. May require coordination with Portfolio and Industry Marketing.
· Applies industry, technical and company knowledge to identify and recommend integrated solutions, products, and services to support the company’s accomplishment of business goals or technical needs, i.e. interprets client's requirements and translates them to a proposed solution. Could include consultation and/or product capability assessment and validation with prospective users.
· May participate in quote preparation, specification responses, and technical definition with the responsible individuals.
· May build a mini-application based on client requirements to demonstrate the feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demos.
· May convey requirements for product specifications and participate in the beta testing of company products, applications, or solutions.
Job Essential Functions:
· Maintains knowledge of assigned products, industries, and accounts.
· Knows and is known by key clients and often participates in key internal and external forums and societies.
· Assists with the orientation and training of sales personnel in the unique problems and techniques of the product segment or industry.
· Promotes company ability, reputation, products, systems, new techniques and other specialized technical knowledge throughout the particular industry.
· Writes and/or presents technical or industry solution papers.
· Assists in the coordination of major projects.
· May provide assistance to Marketing, Engineering, and Services on business, sales, and application issues that may arise after an order is received.
· Within assigned accounts, keeps abreast of solutions implemented by Engineering for possible use in promotional materials, client presentations, and competitive analysis.
Must be an expert in turbomachinery controls. Must have strong knowledge of the Triconex product family.
Job Knowledge: Operates as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization plus a working knowledge of other related fields. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
Job Complexity: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Typical Minimum Education/Experience: Undergraduate degree, preferably in Engineering. A graduate degree is considered a major plus. 5-10 years of directly related experience.
Candidate needs to have at least 5 years' experience with Triconex in turbomachinery applications. He or she also needs to have experience using Tristation 1131 and Enhanced Diagnostic Monitoring. Experience with Trilogger, Safety Validator, SIF Manager, and Safety View is a plus but not required.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.