Recognized as an expert within the company. Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements. Key Responsibilities
- Drive Continuous Improvement methods to achieve breakthrough improvements in supplier performance metrics. Understand data trends and drive quantified results by designing and deploying analytical systems and processes.
- Drive optimization of the Value Stream by elimination of waste and making flow improvements across or within manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, and/ or service product operations.
- Performs evaluation of internal controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation.
- Lead Kaizen Events and LSS Black Belt level projects within and across operations and divisions to optimize performance.
- Coach and oversee successful completion of major process improvement projects using LSS methodology.
- Help develop and foster a culture of LSS throughout the organization by applying critical problem solving in operations using Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Tracks and reports progress in comparison to milestones and targets. Reports program status to senior management. Captures and records Best Known Methods (BKM) for dissemination across other development teams.
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.