A hands-on expert who has strong technical competencies in Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Continuous Improvements and Engineering Statistics, and successful experience in the implementation of those competencies to the product development and product characterization. Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Train, coach, consult, and advice different levels of stakeholders in applying engineering statistics, hardware and computer-based design of experiments (DOE), reliability and robust engineering optimization and structured continuous improvement methodologies and tools, and in addressing quality issues and the systemic improvement projects.
- Extend established statistical methods and software and develop new approaches to meet novel or emerging needs in service, manufacturing, engineering and product development groups
- Support integration of AMAT Applied Product Characterization principles into existing product and process development processes
- Contribute in building strategy, plan and infrastructure of continuous improvement program and in managing the deployment of the program by working with business owners and senior leadership across divisions and balancing short- and long-term priorities while maximizing the opportunities for both.
- Master's Degree in Engineering/Mathematics/ Statistics with 10 Years of Experience, PhD's preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt (BB) - with a hands-on 5 years of experience working within the Engineering, NPI, and/or Product Development.
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and training skills and the ability to build positive working relationships with different levels of roles in an organization
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.