At Splunk we know that effective education is key to our continued success. We are looking for a talented individual with curriculum development experience for a highly technical audience. In this position you will create new courses and update existing courses.
We are looking for a technical instructional designer who understands highly advanced technical subjects and can design learning objectives and materials that are concise, accurate and task-based. Target audiences for classes are technical professionals.
If you have the required background, we'd love to hear from you. Flexibility and a sense of humor are also highly valued here.
- Responsibilities: *
- Designs and develops technical courses, assessments, and tests
- Consults with subject matter experts to determine objectives and gathers information used in the development of courses
- Ensures learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that the training materials meet the learning and performance objectives
- Develops hands-on labs and creates maintains lab server environments
- Works on multiple projects concurrently, monitors activity, progress, and time related to project development
- Previous experience developing technical courseware
- Strong technical background; able to understand and explain highly technical subject matter
- Ability to apply structured problem solving (taking a large, complex problem and breaking it down into components, involve others as needed, drive resolution)
- Ability to drive tactical execution; willing to roll-up the sleeves to complete projects in an environment with competing deadlines
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- High aptitude for managing and solving tactical issues
- Application of instructional design techniques and adult learning theory
- Strong analytical skills, ability to create viable solutions, innovation, and ability to execute flawlessly
- Comfortable with Linux OS and Linux command line
- Experience with AWS EC2
- Bonus points for knowledge or experience with IT Operations and or Network Security
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is preferred
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.